Friday, October 2, 2009

GRADUATION DAY

A bittersweet day today with Felicity finishing 13 years of formal schooling. The graduation ceremony was lovely - of course I shed a few tears - as soon as the national anthem was played actually!!!!! Our girl came first in the year for Hospitality & also received an award for Excellence in Work Placement, which was a nice surprise. Jamie & I were very proud of her, so we took her & Cameron out for lunch afterwards to celebrate - & then she was off to work at Maccas - welcome to the real world hey!!!



Check out all the challenges for World Card Making Day at Scrapboutique this weekend. Challenges are due in the gallery by Monday night 5th Oct. I certainly don't profess to be a cardmaker but I'm determined to get at least a couple of the challenges done. Some of the girls on the forum make awesome cards, so I will be looking forward to checking them all out.

I have been busy scrapping with my new DT kit & will share at a later date. And I have also set my first challenge for the monthly competition here and this is my sample.



And in other scrapping news.........I received my first ever acceptance from Scrapbooking Memories today. I decided to submit some LOs the other night when I was updating the 'Mag Watch' forum at the Boutique & was very surprised to get an email requesting one of the LOs I did for my class with my TP girls.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations amanda on the submission and well done to felicity, i bet you were over the moon, she must have seemed so grown up getting up to get her awards and all the while still reminding you of the little girl in kindergarten that she once was :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the acceptance, about time!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete